Veteran MemberPosts: 6,493Gear list
Like?
Re: Hey Kev...
In reply to KEVZPHOTOS, Apr 1, 2013

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Walking Dead wrote:

KEVZPHOTOS wrote:

Walking Dead wrote:

I see that there are a number of comedy clubs in Vancouver BC. Why don't you take you sense of humor to one of them, and see how it goes over.

I doubt that the audience will be rolling in the aisles.

Why not?

Famous Canuck comedian Russel Peters does it all the time.

Nearly ALL his stand up shows are based on "ethnic" humour.

See Here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Peters

(quote)

Comedic style

Russell Peters' stand-up performances are mostly made up of observational comedy where he uses humour to highlight racial, ethnic, class and cultural stereotypes. He often refers to his own life experiences growing up in an Indian family and impersonates various English accents of different groups in his act to poke fun at each group. As Peters told an audience in San Francisco, "I don't make the stereotypes, I just see them."[26] Peters uses his minority status to allow him to poke fun at different races in his performance, but according to an interview done for The National, he does not intend to put down or offend different races and cultures, but instead tries to raise them up through humour.[27]

(unquote)

KEV

Maybe that's fine for a comedy stage, but you're not on a comedy stage here.

Are YOU kidding me?...this is the off-topic forum

I guess you must be new around here.

This is the comedy-central entertainment section.

Just in case ya didn't know

KEV

I am sure going down to Chinatown to ridicule the Chinese there is more fun ... but you only have guts doing it here. 

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
HeyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow