Need a Non-Dorky Looking Camera Bag for NEX

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dunnlang
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
Re: Need a Non-Dorky Looking Camera Bag for NEX
In reply to wcdennis, Apr 1, 2013

There are a handful of bags, even backpacks, that have camera access via the side.  You could sling them off one shoulder, around the front, and get the camera.  Most of the bags I have seen designed for this seem less than ideally comfortable.  The slinging motion may also be risky if you have back issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-SlingShot-All-Weather-Digital-Backpack/dp/B000BAX50G/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1364782244&sr=1-8&keywords=lowepro+sling+bag

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-CPL-109-Camera-Backpack/dp/B009PKNMFQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1364782389&sr=1-8&keywords=side+access+camera+bag

Personally, I just purchased a Black Diamond "Sonar"  bag from a local retailer.  It's designed as a day pack for hiking and climbing.  The straps and waist belts on the bag can expand and slide with each other to give you a ton of maneuverability in your torso.  The chest straps are also cut to give you lots of room to move your arms.

The organization is less than stellar, but I will simply build an insert out of seat cushion foam from a craft store.  The insert will fit exactly my camera.  I also have a sleeve for my chromebook that I will sew onto the inside of the back.  There won't be quick camera access, but it will be great for long distance travel.

I just hiked 3.5 miles with it today loaded up to 12.6 lbs.  It was very comfortable.  I have intermittent back issues and never wear a backpack, so to go that distance with a loaded pack is an achievement.

Dunnlang's gear list:Dunnlang's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S8000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow