a580 to a99 - Crazy to upgrade? or go with an a77?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
AntonyK
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Re: a580 to a99 - Crazy to upgrade? or go with an a77?
In reply to paradisephoto, Apr 1, 2013

paradisephoto wrote:

I went from an A200 and an A580 to an A77 and an A580.  The A580 is your low light camera until you pull the trigger on the A99.   The A77 is simply an awesome camera, but low light is its weakness.  Otherwise, the A77 would handle beautifully everything you are doing.  I'm working this year to get the A99, more so for the lowlight capability because it is the one weakness in my current lineup.  If you can make a play for the A99, go for it.

As an a77 user for over a year, I agree with the above sentiments and would advise against going from an a580 to an a77. You will not see much, if any, improvement in low light over the a580. Some might even argue that the a580 performs better in low light situations. Also, there is a rumored a78 around the corner but again that is just a rumor.

I have been monitoring the prices of the a99 so that I can get one but the current bundle deal is not enough for me to pull the trigger. Good luck with your decision. Ultimately, there are tons of good user reviews and pics posted on the board. You will have to weigh pros and cons that impact your style and decide if the cost is worth it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow