Forum ProPosts: 10,347Gear list
Like?
Re: please don't twist my photos
In reply to schmegg, Apr 1, 2013

schmegg wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

schmegg wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I said you twisted it because you did completely wrong by zooming in LR that is only for viewing purpose but not for photo enlargement. The right way is thru Photoshop Bicubic enlargement.  If you did that correct way you will see the result I showed that is truly untwisted.  I gave the steps that everyone can duplicate.

It's not 'dark magic', it's simply zooming in on the raw data to see what has been recorded.

That is totally wrong way.  As I suggested, try bicubic enlargement in PS.  Again here is 100% cropped between two.  Look how different from yours.  This is the right way to show the real difference.

I'm sorry Peter, but this is just plain wrong.

hehe.  bicubic enlargement in PS is well known the right way in photography world.  You can try bicubic sharper by downsampling 60D files to match to 5D size, lol.  I actually gave 60D a favor by upsampling 5D files.  As someone suggested the best way should be leave at their original size.  However I upsampling 5D files for easier comparison to prevent a delusion that bigger size resolves more details.

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/bicubic-smoother-vs-bicubic-sharper.html

If you use any type of enlargement algorithm such as "bicubic sharper" then you are interpolating, or 'inventing', detail that has simply not been recorded by the sensor! LOL!

Check the above link, Bicubic Smoother is for upsampling while Bicubic Sharper is for downsampling.  Anyway photoshop Bicubic enlargement is the best way to enlarge photo while still keep as much details as possible.

Please Peter - stop this rubbish.

If you want to compare which sensor resolves more detail, you can't use a method that interpolates and inserts detail into the image that was not recorded by the sensor.

funny I never know how Bicubic enlargement will increase fine details.  Wow, then nobody should wait for Canon 39 or 46mp cameras, they only need to Bicubic enlarging photos from 22mp 5D3   hehe.

Try to understand rather than simply arguing all the time!

I think it's you need to understand better.

You are wrong buddy - you need to man up and admit it.

yeah, I am "wrong" everytime because you said I am wrong, funny.  I have posted enough 5D samples and I have not seen many of your 7D photos.  I did see one before from your 7D pelican shot under bright blue sunny sky at ISO 200.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3363514?page=2

Look in reality you have to apply lots of NR but that effectively smear details and I still can see noises under wings.  It's not much details under the pelican's wings   If 5D took the similar shot it will show lots more details and noticeable naturally sharper.  In reality you have to apply NR and CA correction on photos from 18mp Canon APS-C that effectively kill details on top of already 1.6x more crop penalty from 1.6x crop sensors.

BTW my 5DIII Pelican shots.  If 5D took similar shots, it will have similar IQ at base ISOs that will keep details especially in shadows much better.

I am sure you enjoy 5DIII much more than 7D these days

completely in shadow

details under wings and natural sharpness

-- hide signature --
 qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow