The Sunday BIRD Volume 8, Issue 41 March 31, 2013

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
WhyNot
Senior MemberPosts: 2,784
Like?
Re: More of This and That
In reply to Messier Object, Apr 1, 2013

Messier Object wrote:

It's always a little sad when a backyard regular is lost. Up until a few weeks ago I had a large family of crested pigeons frequenting my garden. Now they are thinned out and I find the occasional pile of feathers. I suspect the neighbourhood cats but there has also been a Perigine falcon about.

Peter

When our resident mockingbird leaves we always miss them as each has seemed to have a character of their own, but all have dominated their territory which they defend vigorously, which is probably why most have a reign of two or three years. This is the fourth pile of feathers I've found and several of our sentinels have just disappeared, but a new one always arrives to claim the yard and the holly berries on one or more of the trees. .. (....as to cats, generally, the Mockingbirds teach them how to behave.  We had two cats who after several encounters would either watch from under a bush or would vicariously catch the birds from the other side of a window. ..  Of course the Blue Jays participated in the lessons.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow