Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ArunasM
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: First post on DPR, and first pics with V1
In reply to Tooks, Mar 31, 2013

Tooks wrote:

Thanks for the very kind comments all!

The bird pics, mainly the owls, are only very slight crops, mainly for composition/framing, but nothing major.

I've found the 55-300 and 70-300 to be pretty well matched in image quality terms, and the VR is very effective on both. The 70-300 has much snappier focus though, and far less time lost whilst the lens motors move through the travel if focus is missed for whatever reason. .

The 55-300 is marginally smaller and lighter to carry, but there isn't much in it and the focus benefit is worth the slight extra bulk.

You are welcome, well deserved, the shots turned out very well In composition, subject matter, lighting and sharpness. The focal length multiplication of the CX sensor really come in handy when you the right lenses. I'll need to try my 300 mm F4 AF-S, but it didn't seem very sharp the few time I tried it, the 70-300 VR appeared much sharper.

Please post more of your pictures sometime!

-- hide signature --

- Arunas
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - Henri Cartier Bresson

ArunasM's gear list:ArunasM's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow