Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 3,210Gear list
Like?
Re: Ideally...
In reply to Anders W, Mar 31, 2013

Anders W wrote:

tjdean01 wrote:

CRT TVs had great color!  The problems with them are the size and weight, mostly.

You can say that again. Our 32-incher is monstrous on the back-side and weighs some 60 kg. Fortunately, the place where we want it to be is such that its big back belly is not really a problem.

I know they could easily make them high definition.  The older ones' problems were that the color sites were too small and there was a lot of empty black space around the pixel.  If you like your TV, but it breaks, a 2013 MSRP $400 Pansonic/Samsung/LG 42" plasma will be the closest to what you have.  But if you're happy don't waste your money!

I am happy. As long as it is ordinary TV you are watching, I don't think there is anything with better IQ out there. And were it to break, I think I'd simply try to source another from the used market where we found this one. The guy who sold it said he was really sorry to see it go, but his wife insisted on a flat screen for aesthetic reasons (and by that she didn't mean the image quality).

One day they will stop broadcasting standard resolution TV and "standard resolution" will mean something else, probably 16MP

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow