Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
rayman 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,191
Like?
Re: Joseph
In reply to Kim Letkeman, Mar 31, 2013

Kim Letkeman wrote:

rtf wrote:

Hi Joseph. Your right. Micro Four Thirds will not compare to the D800's output. The trick for me would be to see if the majority of my customers could live with Micro Four Thirds.

There is something indefinable about the output from the full frame sensors. I was always pretty amazed at what the D700 could spit out.

But as time goes by, the bar gets raised each generation and, while the FF sensors continue to delight and amaze, the difference at previous nosebleed ISOs like 3200 is less and less.

To that end, when I decided to make a wholesale switch, the first thing I did was to process some RAW images from a bunch of cams and see how they fared at 3200 ISO, for example.

The results were really surprising to me ...

http://kimletkeman.blogspot.ca/2012/12/nikon-d800-versus-nikon-d600-versus.html

And a note to those whose immediate reaction might be to savage my methods and results, let's keep it simple and consider me savaged

-- hide signature --

pretty much in line with my findings only that the FF cameras have more fast options in the wide angle prime section.....

there is a stop of difference between FF and Dx from the system......

A 200 / 2 on Dx would work like 300/2.8 on FF..

Peter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow