Just how crappy is the 16-50 kit lens? Test vs 17mm prime & 11-16 Tokina

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mel Snyder
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,529Gear list
Like?
Re: Just how crappy is the 16-50 kit lens? Test vs 17mm prime & 11-16 Tokina
In reply to temama, Mar 31, 2013

Temama:

I'm not sure it has a "negative mood" - it's just a few people who love to find fault. Kind of like Apple stock these days. My concern is that I see people coming onto the forum considering the purchase of a NEX and quoting the nay-sayers before they even purchase the camera!

I see all kinds of "advice" being pontificated, for example, on wide angle lenses - by people with little real-world experience who think wide angles are just for "landscapes" - and then they then try to make the case for some high-priced lens they purchased that isn't really "wide," like the expensive 24mm Zeiss. Well, I do use wide angle lenses for "landscapes"

But I also use them for other situations:

In short, people who preach here rarely demonstrate appreciation for the diverse ways lenses will be used that make lens test data irrelevant

Check out this 2001 shot, with a 2.1mp Olympus C2100. Just how many mp to make good images?

Let's just shoot, share images - and stop pontificating to the newbies.

temama wrote:

Ari Aikomus wrote:

My conclusion from looking at the images on my Dell U2410 professional/calibrated monitor: The kit lens is a whole lot better than the technogeeks here love to bash.

And  it is very true. I don't understand why some people bully this little guy. I also have a very positive experiences about E16-50 lens.

+1.

This forum has a negative mood. I understand that if there is reason to complain. E16-50PZ is not a reason to anything negative.

Mel Snyder's gear list:Mel Snyder's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow