Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ArunasM
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: First post on DPR, and first pics with V1
In reply to Tooks, Mar 31, 2013

Tooks wrote:

Hello all,

My first time on DPReview, although a long time lurker.

I picked up a V1, like a lot of folks, between Xmas and New Year last year and I've been using it a fair bit these last 3 months or so.

I'm a died in the wool Nikon fan, and have been using DSLR's for years with some good lenses, but I was attracted to the lightweight nature of the V1 and thought it would be a camera I'm more likely to take with me on walks or have in the boot of the car.

My main interests are Wildlife, Landscapes and Aviation photography and I've uploaded a few of the captures I've managed to get from my first months of ownership to the gallery.

I think the kit lenses are great, but I'm also quite impressed with the FT1 and the 55-300 VR and/or 70-300 VR which I've found very useful for getting static bird shots, subject to the limitations of the FT1.

Anyway, I hope to contribute more, but for now here are a few pics.

My first ever V1 bird pic with the 55-300...

Another Robin a day later...

I really like these, great 1st post!

Were the bird photos cropped extensively?  I've had hit and miss results with the 70-300 VR and the FT-1?

Overall I'm very pleased with the V1 and CX lenses.

-- hide signature --

- Arunas
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - Henri Cartier Bresson

ArunasM's gear list:ArunasM's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow