R3000 problems and - no end in sight

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,848
Like?
Re: Just soemthing to try....
In reply to lilredss, Mar 31, 2013

lilredss wrote:

First, I haven't seen this problem with my R3000 and it will be a year old in May.  I have printed 800+ prints with it.

Now just for a test if you are using the PK black, switch to MK black, or do the opposite.  Print your test photos with the the different black just to see if you still get the black marks.

If you now get black marks, switch the balcks again, and if you get black marks again, there could be an issue with the feed tubes - switching mechanism.

Just a guess....

Bob P.

I didn't see it until my printer was about 14 months old.  The first year it was great.  I have had it happen when printing with photo black and also happen when using matt black.

Bob

Well that's still sort of good news that both blacks give smudges as that eliminates a bad cartridge or air introduced at the cartridge output port seal.

Do you ever get black smudges when you run say 10 nozzle checks in a row?  If it's a hardware fault you would think that it would also show up in a nozzle check.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow