ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ruth Lipnick
Regular MemberPosts: 205
Like?
In love with the FZ200 right out of the box
Mar 31, 2013

Love the FZ200 right out of the box!

I'm a real beginner with the camera and have been taking pictures for a few days to get the feel of it. I have not changed any of the default settings. Can't believe how lovely and natural the colors are.

Eventually would like to learn about ires, izoom, batching, etc., how to get closer w/o losing quality. Expect I will switch to raw but I'm first trying to figure out the basics like what focus mode to use and how to make a larger "frame" for the focus. I read about this on the forum but can't seem to do it.

Meanwhile, here's a downy woodpecker of the female variety. I think it's lovely. Except when I blow it up to 100%, it isn't a sharp as I'd like. No PP at all. Will raw and silkypix make a difference? I also have Photoshop and Lightroom. Since I'm lucky enough to have all this at my disposal (for my work), what are the best tools.

Eventually I may use a tripod but for now, I just like walking in the woods with the camera.

You guys have been inspirational.

P.S. I hate not having a manual to keep in my bag.

Ruth
http://www.lipserve.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MikeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow