Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,780Gear list
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to theJuke2, Mar 31, 2013

After using Windows based PCs for many years I switched my machine to an iMac about 1 1/2 years ago and my wife's more recently. While I use it for other things besides imaging, I would not consider going back. (Though I do run Windows 8 through Parallels and love the ability to run both OSs on the same machine.)

For strictly photo work - as others has pointed out - the only real advantage of Apple is you have a choice of either Lightroom or Aperture. I LOVED Lightroom but decided to switch to Aperture because I felt it integrated itself into the Apple OS better. As has been pointed out PS, LR and most programs (aside from Aperture) are available on both and run very similar. I do also like that camera RAW updates are part of the Mac OS - so it effects all photo programs that you have running.

I just like the clean way that Apple set up their OS and the way it runs. Yes people have had issues with Macs, but I seem to see MUCH less with people running Macs than I remember from my Windows days.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow