How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
DLBlack
Forum ProPosts: 11,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Fifty Bucks
In reply to LincolnB, Mar 31, 2013

Nice series of ohotos that shows what these inexpensive lenses can do.

It is also really great that Olympus and Panasonic are expanding their lens line upward into better built and better image quslity pro-level lenses.  These type of lenses are always more expensive and not for most people.  Still it is good to see this choice available.  Now for mtf we have several choices.  We can use about any old ckassic lenses by using an adopter.  We have a full range of consumer level inexpensive lenses.  Now we are getting high-end, fast, better built and higher quality lenses for those that want this type of lens.  There is an old saying about lens quality and cost.  It goes something like spend 100% more and get 10% bettet image quality.

I personally got into MFT with the E-M5 back in June and ended up buying all the fast primes and really love them and for me they are worth the cost.  I wanted to buy the Panasonic 12-35 and the 35-100 but    my personal annual photo gear budget was over spent last year.  Now I will buy them but am waiting to see what Olympus is going to come up with.  I figure for me that the 12-35 and 35-100 are fairly price considering the quality built and image quality when compare to the Canon L lenses and Nikon pro-level lenses.  Still for the price they cost it is worth my wait to see if Olympus is going to offer.  In the mean time I am enjoying my prime lenses.

A wide range of lenses in a wide range of prices is a good thing.

Dave

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow