Resolution of M43 lenses

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,494Gear list
Like?
Re: I disagree
In reply to MAubrey, Mar 31, 2013

I actually don't personally expect that much of an increase going to the E-M5. I posted about this elsewhere, but basically if the camera were the limiting factor I'd expect a super-sharp lens like the 75/1.8 to have more of a plateau around its best apertures, but its results are very peaky, suggesting the lens is a substantial part of the result. the 70-200 is flatter at the top, suggesting to me there is more room for improvement (i.e. it's run into the sensor limit - strictly the answer is always a combination of the two in some proportion, but it looks to me like the 75/1.8 is more lens limited, and hence the 12-35 will be too, while the 70-200 is more back-end limited). Not that I'm saying the 12-35 won't improve, just I'd expect a lot less of an improvement than the increase in linear pixel density.

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow