Resolution of M43 lenses

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
Like?
Re: I disagree
In reply to MAubrey, Mar 31, 2013

Firstly I have no problem with the flare on my Canon lens and other sites agree more with me, e.g. http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-2.8-L-IS-II-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

"Susceptibility to flare was a weakness of the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM Lens. The 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II gives us a nice flare performance improvement - It will deliver better image quality in a back-lit environment. I kinda like the original 70mm narrow aperture flare art effects though."

Also you have to double the Canon resolution figures to compare them with the 35-100, so it's better at every aperture from f2.8 to f8 at every part of the lens to the 35-100 at its best aperture in the centre on the LensTip tests. (If Canon make a high-MP camera later this year I suspect the difference will leap up by a chunk, it's probably somewhat limited by the sensor resolution at the moment.)

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow