Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
klavrack
Regular MemberPosts: 315
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to penns, Mar 31, 2013

penns wrote:

Just to review--Prints were pronting dark.  (Darker than same pics printed on HP printer)  Called Canon.  Told me to bring it in to service.  Canon sent me a new printer.

So here I am and the printer is still printing the same, so it has to ba a setting.  I had been focusing on one particular print that had a beautifil blue sky and couldn't get the sky right.  I printed out several other pictures and I've figured out it is NOT a problem with darkness.  It is a problem with the blue.  I am getting more magenta in the blue than I should be so the sky looks darker, grayer, or purpler.  I printed a pic with green orange and yellow tulips and it was beautiful.  Much sharper than the pic printed on the HP.

Then I tried printing other pictures with a lot of blue.  Hydrangeas were purple and gray,  There is some blue, but it is not as bright and clear as it should be.  Next I printed a pic of a fish market where the fish were in bright blue plastic tubs.  Definite purple overtone.

Any idea how to fix this?  Thanks!

Here's what I'm seeing:  IMGP0469b is the original.  The others are pretty accurate low-res scans of how the file prints on my i860 and my PRO-100.  The PRO-100 print is with color matching off--the best I could get (way worse with it on), and it indistinguishable from a print made using Canon's easy-photoprint utility.  I find it a little odd that their CS department sent me a jpeg to try with the easy-photoprint that had no blue tones and a tiny bit of purples.  That looks okay, naturally.

original

i860 print scan

PRO-100 print scan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow