Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kleeks13
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Opinion from a disabled photographer
In reply to rtf, Mar 31, 2013

Been about 5 years since I've been on this forum.    I am responding to your questions from the P.O.V of a disabled photographer.  I've been using the Oly 4/3 system since it first came out.  I primarily went with that system because of weight and size (have a fused wrist and crushed legs due to a car accident).    I  do portrait and animal photography and have to have the other hand free for treats, toys, noisemakers and after half an hour my arms gets tired.  But I know that, having once borrowed a Nikon, I could only use those cameras for less than 15 minutes.  I went Oly for the weight and size issues, and stuck with that brand because of their great lenses and fantastic product overall.  I currently use the E-3 with several of the top of the line zoom lenses and I've dropped it on the concrete studio floor several times and it is a tank...not a scratch. The output is always beautiful, rich images.

Now I hear that there is a micro 3/4 Oly, an adapter for my current lenses is available so  there is no question I'll be getting the Oly as soon as budget allows.

You have nothing to lose...great product...and I can tell you that creative juices do not flow if you are in pain....I have enough on my plate dealing with my disability issues.  The last thing I would put up with is a camera the weight and size of a Sherman tank.

-- hide signature --

Kleeks

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow