Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Kleeks13
Kleeks13 Regular Member • Posts: 313
Opinion from a disabled photographer

Been about 5 years since I've been on this forum.    I am responding to your questions from the P.O.V of a disabled photographer.  I've been using the Oly 4/3 system since it first came out.  I primarily went with that system because of weight and size (have a fused wrist and crushed legs due to a car accident).    I  do portrait and animal photography and have to have the other hand free for treats, toys, noisemakers and after half an hour my arms gets tired.  But I know that, having once borrowed a Nikon, I could only use those cameras for less than 15 minutes.  I went Oly for the weight and size issues, and stuck with that brand because of their great lenses and fantastic product overall.  I currently use the E-3 with several of the top of the line zoom lenses and I've dropped it on the concrete studio floor several times and it is a tank...not a scratch. The output is always beautiful, rich images.

Now I hear that there is a micro 3/4 Oly, an adapter for my current lenses is available so  there is no question I'll be getting the Oly as soon as budget allows.

You have nothing to lose...great product...and I can tell you that creative juices do not flow if you are in pain....I have enough on my plate dealing with my disability issues.  The last thing I would put up with is a camera the weight and size of a Sherman tank.

-- hide signature --

Kleeks

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow