AZBlue
Contributing MemberPosts: 865Gear list
Like?
Re: From their link page.."Brand New - USA Warranty"
In reply to trend1, Mar 31, 2013

trend1 wrote:

Indio888 wrote:

I wonder?

If Amazon uses them as one of their sources might be okay.

It's clear that they are NOT a Nikon Authorized dealer, which means Nikon is NOT going to repair your camera if it needs servicing, if that doesn't concern you purchase the camera from them as save $200, learn how to repair the camera yourself if you end up with one that might need a shutter replaced because of sensor spotting.

That is not true. You do NOT have to purchase a Nikon camera from an "authorized Nikon dealer". If there is a legitimate USA warranty inside the box - and there always is on non-grey market products - then you are fully eligible for USA warranty repair regardless of where you purchased the camera. It's conceivable that a non-authorized reseller is still selling products with a Nikon factory USA warranty, and if that's the case then you should be fine. However, sometimes grey market products are sold "with USA warranty" but it's not a Nikon factory warranty - it's a separate, 3rd party warranty from the reseller or a warranty company. Those you should run away from.

I think what people here are saying is to stick with an authorized reseller, which will minimize your headaches. However, ultimately it comes down to the warranty that's inside the box - not who you bought it from. Your warranty contract is with Nikon, not with your reseller, so the point of sale is irrelevant.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow