Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
rtf OP Regular Member • Posts: 256
Re: Lindsay

Hi Lindsay. Well I don't know where to start, apart from saying your work is stunning. I obviously checked out your site and the links. You have re-assured me considerably.

I've decided to try the 0M-D.

A few months ago I briefly checked out an OM-D at my local dealer. (I think deep down that I knew the day was coming when I would have to downsize my gear). Ironically I thought it was too small!. Looking into a basic kit to test the water, I think that I would get away with adding the grip without creating any problems so I will do that. With regard to lenses I would like to concentrate on portrait work as much as possible so it's probably the 45mm f1.8 to get a feel for the camera. I like the idea of the Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 but I would definitely have to try one out as it may be too big. I honestly don't know, but I will err in the side of caution until I see and try one. I was really into HSS with my flashguns, especially with radio triggers. As far as I can see there are no radio triggers that will go to 1/4000th sec with the OM-D system? I'd love it if I was wrong, but apart from HSS I cannot see any glaring omissions, so next week I will have a word with my local dealer, and see what we can do. Thank you so much for your immense help and re-assurance.

Kind regards

RTF

rtf's gear list:rtf's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow