Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
rtf
rtf
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Lindsay
In reply to Lindsay D, Mar 31, 2013

Hi Lindsay. Well I don't know where to start, apart from saying your work is stunning. I obviously checked out your site and the links. You have re-assured me considerably.

I've decided to try the 0M-D.

A few months ago I briefly checked out an OM-D at my local dealer. (I think deep down that I knew the day was coming when I would have to downsize my gear). Ironically I thought it was too small!. Looking into a basic kit to test the water, I think that I would get away with adding the grip without creating any problems so I will do that. With regard to lenses I would like to concentrate on portrait work as much as possible so it's probably the 45mm f1.8 to get a feel for the camera. I like the idea of the Panasonic 35-100 f2.8 but I would definitely have to try one out as it may be too big. I honestly don't know, but I will err in the side of caution until I see and try one. I was really into HSS with my flashguns, especially with radio triggers. As far as I can see there are no radio triggers that will go to 1/4000th sec with the OM-D system? I'd love it if I was wrong, but apart from HSS I cannot see any glaring omissions, so next week I will have a word with my local dealer, and see what we can do. Thank you so much for your immense help and re-assurance.

Kind regards

RTF

rtf's gear list:rtf's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow