Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to penns, Mar 31, 2013

penns wrote:

klavrack wrote:

penns wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

penns wrote:

Here are some screen shots.  The first is if I print in Photoshop,

In the Photoshop dialog, the printer profile should be a printer profile, not a working space profile. It should be the profile for the paper.

And, if Photoshop is managing  color, you need to turn off printer color managment, I don't see that in the printer dialog, but perhaps the manual setting does that?

(You can get a screen grab of just the current window, or current dialog, byusing alt-PrtScn, instead of just PrtScn, which grabs the entire display.)

Brian A

Ok Tried that.  The sky seems less purple, but now the buildings are hot pink.

I'm trying to calibrate my new PRO-100 received today and have EXACTLY the same problem.  My old Canon i860 has no problem with the blues, but this thing turns them purple.  The same thing happens with various papers and print settings, printed from Paint Shop Pro, from Lightroom or from Windows Picture viewer.  I'll try to call Canon Monday, but it's utterly unusable like this.  If you figure it out, let me know and I'll do likewise.

Whew, now I know I'm not crazy.  But sorry you are having the same problem.  I called Canon 3 or 4 weeks ago.  They sent me to a service center but they didn't know what to do.  Canon ended up sending me a replacement printer.  New printer does the same thing.  I love the clarity of the prints. but the blue/purple problem is driving me crazy.  And thanks in advance for letting me know what you figure out.

Update--At Canon's e-mail customer service line's direction, I printed a test pattern--no clogged heads, and printed an image using their Easy-photoprint EX software--still purple.  You have more patience than I.  If Canon phone rep's can't talk me through the problem tomorrow, it's going back to Amazon.  I'm willing to concede that I might be doing something wrong, but if they can't determine what, I'll get a printer that I know how to get proper results from.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow