ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,252
Like?
isn't this rather elitist?
Mar 31, 2013

Recently someone posted a photo in the Leica forum that was from a Leica/Panasonic camera. The post was removed by the moderator, because it wasn't good enough for the Leica forums (I'm not even going to tell you what that brings to my mind, considering where Leica is designed.)

Here is the explanation. It basically states that Leica photos had a certain look, Leica photographers have a certain skill level, and they don't want no  other photographers in there, and if they show up, they should quietly stay in the background.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3455492

I find this rather elitist. I'm thinking that the reverse is true. Leica users may worry that in comparison to other brands they might not do as well, which would defeat the expense of their equipment.

The rest of the world has been challenged! Find me any evidence that Leica cameras produce better images, or that Leica users take better photos. I'm willing to be convinced! You could use the DPR's very own challenges as a start. The PhotoSig ratings. Even the Flickr forum. Remember, I'm looking for objective evidence, such as higher ratings or more contests won.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow