Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CathyJ
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Beginner has lens hood question
Mar 31, 2013

I've recently graduated from point&shoot to a Sony A57.  It came w/ 2 kit lenses.  The bigger Tamron lens came with a hood, but the Sony 3.5-5.6/18-55 did not come with a hood.  I do a lot of hiking and outdoor photos and quickly realized I need a hood for this lens.  I've looked at Amazon and Ebay and it is overwhelming which one to get.

Is this what I need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/55MM-Flower-Lens-Hood-for-SONY-18-55mm-75-300mm-A55-A290-A580-A560-/170855660011?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c7ca79eb#ht_2904wt_1134

I prefer not to buy one that has to be shipped from overseas (many are from Hong Kong and China).

I welcome any suggestions of elsewhere to buy, or alternate hood that might be needed.  Also, I purchased a Sony DT 2.8/30 macro lens.  I haven't used it yet, but will I need a hood for it?  I'll do a lot of blooms, bugs, and tiny critter photos with it.

Cathy

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow