Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,015Gear list
Like?
Re: G15 - CHDK
In reply to ericN2, Mar 31, 2013

ericN2 wrote:

MisterPootieCat wrote:

The VERS.REQ trick is not CHDK dependent but won't work on the G15 because the two buttons you need to hold down are now on the 4 way controller making it impossible to select both at the same time.

Oh dear.. that's a bit of a blow..I was hoping I could use that trick to satisfy myself on the REAL usage of this one I'm buying.  As it's a fairly new-ish camera (model) and IS guaranteed to be in absolute Mint condition I know I'm probably being a bit OTT .. but I am just that way - hope to be able to rely on what I'm told when buying a 'used' camera..I've bought quite a few in my time this way and so far not been let down... it's just that this one is a sort of second choice - I certainly don't want to pay top new UK price (it's way too high...) and hope to get a really good "used" one but with very low shutter use. It's not the shutter-use itself, as of course they should certainly have a long life normally , but it's more HOW a camera is used if it is with a higher pic count.
Well - I'll soon know now I guess..camera may be arriving tomorrow..

Shutter count on P&S cameras isn't quite as important as it is on DSLR's. How the camera was handled is much more important, the lens mechanisms are easily damaged when subjected to drops and bumps.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow