Is professional photography dying out?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
deleted080512
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Re: Is professional photography dying out?
In reply to alpha90290, Mar 31, 2013

alpha90290 wrote:

You need to find your niche.

If you cannot compete with amateurs, it means your photos are not much better than them although you may be using the so call "pro" equipment.

There we go with the "your pictures aren't good enough because you're not getting business" while completely ignoring the fact absolutely nobody wants to look at my website nor see my portfolio. Sure - I have done some photo jobs. Interestingly, none have asked to see my work in advance and everybody has been happy with the results.

Connections don't work if your connections are not rich or don't have many rich friends.

Rich people/ big companies are the one with the the money to engage your services. They will not hire those  amateurs who don't have a proper studio and contracts that guarantee quality result.

What you need is to learn the correct marketing skill to market to these companies.

Don't go after the average Joe.

Oh, I know the average Joe doesn't have money. This is why my business cards say "commercial photography" rather than "wedding photography" or some other such thing.

It's also why I now advertise solely through the Chamber of Commerce.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow