Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,461Gear list
Like?
Re: Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated
In reply to Just a Photographer, Mar 31, 2013

Since you mentioned you were a pro, I assume that you want to keep your present workflow as intact as possible.  I would like to suggest the Nikon V series of cameras.  They can use CX, DX, and FX lenses.  The IQ is very good for a small sensor camera.

The rumor is that Nikon will be coming out with a line of cameras similar to the Coolpix A but in a removable lens format.  The would be a DX sensor but they will have to use either an adapter for DX lenses or come out with another series of lenses.

If overall weight is an issue, you might want to stay away from the DX and FX format cameras.  I have a V1, a D800, and a D600 and I am tempted to get the V2 because of the controls possibilities.

I use the V1 as a go to camera if I need a camera and my full frame gear is not available.  I went to a rock show and took some images of trilobites using a 60mm DX micro Nikkor.  It did a great job and the booth owner and I were pleased with the outcome.

I used to have Panasonic 4/3 equipment but it disturbed my workflow so much that I sold the equipment (except the GF1) and purchased the Nikon V1.  One of the features of the Nikon CX series of camera bodies is that they auto-focus very fast.  Not much hunting.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +50 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow