Bobbie again for Retouch or Play..

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,772Gear list
Like?
I think you missed my point
In reply to VicC, Mar 31, 2013

VicC wrote:

Hi there Marty, I do not know you, but I disagree with what you said. Lots of the edits are good practice for people like me. I do not want to encourage rubbish pictures, but like it help out some photographic genuine mistakes. There is 100 times more satisfaction changing a "good" picture and that does take skill I can assure you.  Please Gerrard  keep them coming. Vic

I never said that none of the edits were better than the original photo, just that many weren't "significantly better."

But I do get your point. It is always good to practice, and any photo can serve as a starting point for that.

I have been following this forum for years, and the folks here are really gifted and creative. As a spectator and not a participant, I really like seeing how they can transform a mediocre photo into  a great one. In this case, they were offered a really great photo, and what they did was tweaked it, or changed something to give it a different look. But the results weren't really better than the original. They were  just different.

I suppose that has merit too.

After hearing Gerrard tell us that he isn't very good at editing, and rarely does much of it, I am even more impressed by his original shot, To be more precise, I am jealous!

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow