which white balance do you prefer here?

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
S3ZAi
Contributing MemberPosts: 750Gear list
Like?
Re: which white balance do you prefer here?
In reply to Keit ll, Mar 31, 2013

Keit ll wrote:

S3ZAi wrote:

Keit ll wrote:

I find the comments amusing , they are all unnatural ! I don't like these kind of distorted images they do nothing for me.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

Well, we were talking about the colors not about the distortion of shapes. I understand that fisheye isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I don't understand what your comment adds to this topic...

OK my comments were slightly tongue in cheek but they were my opinion & opinions were solicited ?   These forums are of limited value if a variety of opinions cannot be expressed. To my eye this photo could have a perfect WB but would still be uninteresting.

-- hide signature --

Keith C

Opinions were solicited on white balance, not on anything you could think of. One could at least respect the poster and respond to what he/she asks, even if some questions aren't of our liking or seem to be stupid or whatever.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with tongue in cheek, my bad for not getting that.

But still: I believe that if one has to go off topic, at least one should try to be constructive.

I see this happen a lot: There are some people who think of themselves as authorities on photography, or just feel like speaking their mind in which ever way they please and just take every thread they can in a direction of their own. In most cases this is a negative direction, if you want to be noticed, negativity is the best way to go.

But this is just too easy, the hard thing is to try to really have a dialogue with each other. Of course there's no point in policing the forum, except for the most extreme cases, but I believe it is a good thing to try to keep it at least at a well intended dialogue level. Just my 2cents.

S3ZAi's gear list:S3ZAi's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow