Reading resolution charts comparing MFT lenses to FX lenses

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Dr_Jon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,487Gear list
Like?
Re: Reading resolution charts comparing MFT lenses to FX lenses
In reply to Anders W, Mar 31, 2013

The only reason I'm carrying on is also to provide debate for third parties, I have no hope of changing your mind and don't really have an issue with that, I'd just like people to see both sides and make their own minds up.

BTW the Nikon 14-24 is known to be awful for distortion which they seem to have left in to get extra sharpness, hmmm that sounds familiar. It's certainly not a valid example for comparison unless you find the absolute worst m43 lens to compare it to. (I considered getting one with an adapter to use on my Canon because of all that sharpness, but decided I'd rather go with the Canon 14/2.8 which has a lot less distortion and so avoid losing some of the sharpness correcting it or living with the distortion.)

(Edit) Sorry, forgot, the reason why 3:2 may seem to have better edge results than 4:3 is because the top/bottom edges are closer to the centre on average, not the corners.

Dr_Jon's gear list:Dr_Jon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Sony RX100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow