HS50EXR and F900EXR reviews ...

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steen Bay
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Re: Am I missing something in the translation here?
In reply to Midwest, Mar 31, 2013

Midwest wrote:

Steen Bay wrote:

PAUL TILL wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

Nope you pretty much got the point and only Kim is the one delusional that MSize is better and is the only way that EXR camera should be used.

He's not the only one, I will only shoot at M size with an EXR camera, but I wouldn't up size a 6MP image to 12MP size. If I need larger images I use a better camera.

Now Joms, you do exactly the opposite, you shoot at L size and down size. Admittedly this give the impression that the L size image is sharper but once the M size image has been sharpened it always wins.

You're never going to win this argument as you seem to like shooting with the worse performing EXR cameras, the HS series look crap at both sizes to start with.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

Your X-S1 has the same sensor as X10, and comparing L vs. M size in DPR's X10 review shows that L size has a considerably higher resolution (see my post right above) Why not take advantage of that?

Can you really compare images between those two cameras when the X10 has a better lens?

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice.

Yes, it's quite likely that a 4x zoom (X10) is sharper than a 26x zoom (X-S1), but on the other hand, then the 42x zoom on HS50 seems to be good enough to show a clear difference between L and M size (and Paul was talking about EXR cameras in general, not just the X-S1).

Also possible that there often won't be much difference in detail/resolution between L and M size in real world shooting (due to focus errors, shake/blur, etc.), but think that's the case with all high resolution cameras, like e.g. E-M5 and 5D3. Despite that, then people are (most often) shooting at full resolution.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow