Who's going from m4/3 to dSLR or vice versa.

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,481
Like?
Re: Who's going from m4/3 to dSLR or vice versa.
In reply to Steve, Mar 31, 2013

Just bought a Sony SLT 37 for £299 plus additional 50mm f1.8 for £99 and my E-PL2 and E-PM1 and just not in the same class as this camera. The current m43 cameras are probably OK but I became disillusioned with my m43 kit when I bought a Samsung EX2f and the Olympus cameras' performance relative to their sensor size was not really impressive. People are saying the XZ-2 is easily a match for the E-PM1 so this is not a brand issue, just the massive improvements in sensor quality and the high cost of Olympus cameras.

The Sony seemed bulky at first but hardly noticing it now. I will have to sell down to fund the purchase and will try to keep the E-PL2 and a Sigma 19mm and possibly keep the VF3 in case the E-PM2 does come down in price.

Steve wrote:

I'm not sure if i did this right , or its been done before, but there is so much talk about people dumping their big dSLR's  for OMD's and vice versa...

i thought this may be fun...

dSLR to small mirrorless or Vice Versa

maybe the options should say 'considerinig' tho... lets assume that your choice is that you are for sure going to change from one format to the other, or you HAVE changed from one to the other.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pollNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow