Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
coronawithlime
Senior MemberPosts: 1,947Gear list
Like?
Re: Are Macs better than PCs for photography work? If so, why?
In reply to theJuke2, Mar 31, 2013

I bought my wife an 11 " Mac Air in early 2012, neither of us having ever used one previously.  I was impressed with the high build quality of the computer and it's compactness, as we wanted it to carry on trips.

I almost immediately noticed a totally subjective feeling of crispness and responsiveness as compared to my previous Windows systems.  Bit of a learning curve but nothing to influence a purchase decision.

In December I replaced my PC system with a base spec 27" iMac and am totally convinced that it was a good decision, although the reasons again are mostly subjective.  The system simply has a positive quality related to high quality and fine finishes, and a general impression of smoothness of operation.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am comparing the Macs to my previous HP system, which I had always regarded as adequate but wished for a better monitor.  If you are presently using a high end PC and monitor you might not notice the same difference.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow