ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rashomon
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
X100s - AF lock & Shutter release?
Mar 31, 2013

Hi All,

Just got my X100s and i'm impressed with lots about it!

One thing confounds me though - how do I configure the shutter button to lock AF when half pressed? Unlike any other AF camera out there - keeping shutter release half pressed doesn't maintain AF lock. I couldnt figure out a way to lock AF recompose and then fire a sequence of images without loosing the AF lock. once the shutter is released the AF is also released and so I have to refocus/recompose before every new image...

I know I can use the separate AF lock button on the camera's back but that's really clunky as i have to:

1. press shutter to focus

2. keep shutter pressed and at the same time click AF-L button (and then lock is maintained)

3. recompose

4. release shutter to shoot

pretty slow and clunky.

Ideally I would LOVE it if i could separate the AF from the shutter like I have always configured Nikon and Canon DSLRs (and this is how almost all pros configure their SLRs) - use the AF-on button for AF (using thumb) and Shutter button to only release shutter (index finger) - Is this possible with the Fuji?

HELP please, this is really important for me.

Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow