Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
sherman_levine
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,720Gear list
Like?
Re: Reginalddwight
In reply to rtf, Mar 31, 2013

rtf wrote:

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. A camera like the new Nikon would have been a dream camera for me a few years ago. The problem that I have is that I have never worked on a professional level with anything other than a system camera, interchangeable lenses etc. I'm wondering if I could continue in a professional capacity, with a lighter/smaller system, but as others have said, people expect pro photographers to have the biggest and best. I would/will seriously consider any fixed lens camera if I could get away with it, but I need portrait/wide-angle/macro capabilities if I want to continue as a pro photographer. If I end up concentrating on website design then I would definitely get away with "downsizing" my gear. As Bob Dylan said "the times they are a changing!".

Thanks for your suggestion.

Cheers

RTF

Let me give that a different spin, if I may.

I'm a customer, not a pro shooter. I got to this thread because it had a catchy title in the "top threads in dpreview.com" panel.

As a customer, I don't expect you to have the "biggest and best". I probably won't even ask you what kind of camera you have. I expect you to bring the equipment which _you_ believe will give me the best product. If the pictures are great, I'll be impressed by you and tell my friends.  If the pictures are crappy I'll blame you and not your equipment.

I wish you success with whatever you choose.

Sherm

sherman_levine's gear list:sherman_levine's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow