DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
fuego6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to K-Murat, Mar 31, 2013

K-Murat wrote:

It's been interesting perusing this thread. Best I can tell, Lightroom is the only application that supports both hierarchical keywording and geotagging. Or did I miss something?

Daminion supports now both hierarchical keywording and geotagging. And Daminion unlike LR supports also hierarchical events, people, categories, collections, etc... while LR only limits you with hierarchical keywords only.

We (I am one of the Daminion's developers) added Geotagging support in the Daminion 1.0 RC1 version that is available for testing in our forum.

GEO Stamping w Daminion

• To stamp images with geo coordinates just select items and drag them to the Map.
• You can drop items onto an existing marker
• All markers are always visible, no matter how many files have been selected
• Search for a location
• Markers for the selected items are displayed in orange.
• The locations of existing markers can be changed using the mouse
• You can use your favorite map provider such as Google, Yahoo, Bing or Yandex
• Click on a marker to preview thumbnails of the items behind it
• Items that are located close to one another are grouped together for ease of visualization
• It’s possible to view all items assigned to a certain marker in the Thumbnail Browser

Hey murat - thanks for the update - I've been following Daminion since the beginning and will download the latest test candidate to check out.

Can you tell me please how Daminion handles XMP?  Does it write out the IPTC data to the appropriate XMP blocks and read XMP blocks to build the hierarchical keywords for images that are imported?  How is this handled say if I am moving from Idimager?  Thx again!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow