Photoshop upgrade no longer possible

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
RobertSigmund
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,701Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgrades are still offered
In reply to robert1955, Mar 31, 2013

robert1955 wrote:

It is amazing indeed how this thread goes on, but it is sort of Internet in a nutshell. Though the OP was incorrect, and has been shown to be that several times, most posters don't read much of the thread and just step in with one of the following:

- Adobe is bad and greedy [it may be so, but not for this reason];

- There is an alternative

The best one I think was the poster who described his needs: about Photoshop 4, not CS vintage, so no need to upgrade at all, but then went on to say that he would take his [non]business away from Adobe.

This is how internet misinformation gets perpetuated. The bad thing is that it makes it very easy for Adobe to deflect criticism of their present policy by only reacting to the sort of incorrect claim made in the OP.

robert, you sound like the poor Adobe lobbyist with the impossible mission to defend what is not defendable! 

Agreed, the OP was wrong. But the fact that the thread went on nevertheless does not speak in favour of Adobe, quite the opposite.  There is something rotten in the state of Denmark! There still maybe the upgrade possibility though they have crippled it to a one version upgrade, but apparently they hid it on their website so that it was not easy to find, otherwise the OP would have found it!

Hell, even I once bought a wrong upgrade upon misinformation on their part. Fortunately, after some e-mail exchange, they gave in and I could give the product back.

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow