Lens dust and legal threat.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
AnthonyL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,722Gear list
Like?
Re: Lens dust and legal threat.
In reply to miked58, Mar 31, 2013

miked58 wrote:

As it is a public holiday here I have no chance of contacting a lawyer. Perhaps people who can contribute ideas may point me in the right direction as to the best course of action.

This is the internet - here could be anywhere and where here is might make a difference but from your profile it is NZ so

http://www.lawaccess.govt.nz/Chapter/1-Consumer-Affairs/86-Consumers,-Creditors-and-Debtors/3-The-Sale-of-Goods-Act

Personally I would write to the buyer that this was a private sale with no warranty, and in an "as is" condition.  The lens was in pristine (or whatever) condition when it was despatched.  It is not readily possible to ascertain how the lens has treated the lens in the time that you have it and you have declined my offer to have Canon inspect it.  I regret that in these circumstances and with the further passage of time I am not prepared to offer a refund nor enter in any further discussion with you.

Or words to this effect - talking to a lawyer is going to cost - wait for the buyer to make the first move .

Edit: IANAL

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow