G15 - total shutter actuations ..

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,683Gear list
Like?
Re: G15 - CHDK
In reply to MisterPootieCat, Mar 31, 2013

MisterPootieCat wrote:

The VERS.REQ trick is not CHDK dependent but won't work on the G15 because the two buttons you need to hold down are now on the 4 way controller making it impossible to select both at the same time.

Oh dear.. that's a bit of a blow..I was hoping I could use that trick to satisfy myself on the REAL usage of this one I'm buying.  As it's a fairly new-ish camera (model) and IS guaranteed to be in absolute Mint condition I know I'm probably being a bit OTT .. but I am just that way - hope to be able to rely on what I'm told when buying a 'used' camera..I've bought quite a few in my time this way and so far not been let down... it's just that this one is a sort of second choice - I certainly don't want to pay top new UK price (it's way too high...) and hope to get a really good "used" one but with very low shutter use. It's not the shutter-use itself, as of course they should certainly have a long life normally , but it's more HOW a camera is used if it is with a higher pic count.
Well - I'll soon know now I giess..camera may be arriving tomorow..

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow