Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
1drey
Senior MemberPosts: 1,184Gear list
Like?
Re: XE-1 with 18mm pancake vs X100
In reply to simon, Mar 31, 2013

simon wrote:

1drey wrote:

I am going to follow the same route - XE1+18 is just slightly bigger than my X10, which I found quite pocketable (if we speak about jacket pocket).

...Or wait! Won't it be wiser to get a used X100 for the same price as a new 18mm XF lens?
An opportunity to buy used 18 XF for $450 would make this choise easy, but in my place I can get only new lens for $600.

-- hide signature --

Moscow VR blog - http://1drey.wordpress.com

Hi 1drey,

It is a good point you make, yes, you could argue that instead of a 18mm for the X-E1 why not buy a used X100. This had crossed my mind . . .

I already have an X100, but to be honest, I prefer shooting with the X-E1 and the 18mm. I had brought the 18mm 2nd hand (for AUD $400) and it was in almost new condition so I was happy.

Selling the 35mm XF (virtually a swap) to get the 18mm made this an easy choice. Btw: I love the FOV of the 18mm.

kind regards,

-- hide signature --

- Simon, Sydney

Hi Simon,

Agreed about value/flexibility of 18mm FOV. Virtually anything can be shot with this lens

I just won a mint 18 XF on fleabay for $455 with delivery!

Cheers,

Andrey

-- hide signature --
 1drey's gear list:1drey's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow