I am still using a 43rds sized sensor for all sorts of work.

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 772Gear list
Like?
Re: I am still using a 43rds sized sensor for all sorts of work.
In reply to neil1c2000, Mar 31, 2013

neil1c2000 wrote:

alatchin wrote:

Roger Engelken wrote:

I, for one, would very much look forward to seeing your work with the 14-35 f2.  That is a beautiful lens in many ways, especially in the hands of someone who knows how to use such optics.  Thank you very much for sharing these photos, all very nicely done.  Sergey and his kind need to find another place to hang their negativity, for in the end, a picture is worth a thousand words, and in this case, I will take the pictures and enjoy them.

Roger.

You know, the only thing holding me back is the talk of AF issues. I have the 12-60 and never had a problem with that, but people talk about issues with the 14-35 in the reviews and it keeps making me give pause.

I would love to use it

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

Would manual focus be an option for studio work?

It would, for my product work it is all manual focus, for the shoots with models it depends on how much I intend to move around to find my shot. For the model shots in the samples above I was constantly moving around and MF wouldnt really work. However for more "staged" shots I have used MF just to be certain I have the right point in focus.

When I mention AF it is more the comments that the 14-35 can be a bit unreliable in low light (of course low light being a bit subjective and reviews go either way) and an f2 lens is a low light lens.

As I am not able to find too much info about it, I keep hesitating. however that lens haunts me

-- hide signature --

Neil C

-- hide signature --

“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow