G15 - total shutter actuations ..

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
MisterPootieCat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,981Gear list
Like?
Re: Use ACID
In reply to CSPoole, Mar 31, 2013

I've tried this in the past and fail to see anything in the extracted data that could be connected with the shutter count. There are numerous entries listed as "Canon Camera Info Unknown" and maybe the shutter count is listed there but having viewed a half dozen consecutive images from my G15 even that theory doesn't hold up, they seem to vary too much and in different directions.

If you're of the impression it actually works for obtaining shutter activations maybe you could provide some additional illumination?

Quick update: the viewer does give you information about the file, in my case it was 103-14XX which does match the folder name and current image names. Since I've never reset the file naming or swapped cards I know this is close but it fails to take HDR or handheld night scene images into consideration (the camera fires the shutter multiple times and merges them in camera), my last image is numbered 1455 but I know the actual shutter activation count is much closer to 1500 (or higher) due to this.

MisterPootieCat's gear list:MisterPootieCat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S2 IS Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G10 Minolta DiMAGE Z1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z2 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow