Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
jquagga
Contributing MemberPosts: 595
Like?
Re: Brent
In reply to rtf, Mar 31, 2013

rtf wrote:

Thanks Brent. Gives me a glimmer of hope. How far can you push the Olympus with regard to low light and print enlargement?. Would you get a decent 20 x16 print or is that asking too much?.

Thanks.

RTF

I have a Panasonic of a previous generation (it's not as good as an OM-D).  However, the largest print I have on my wall is a 16x20 taken with that camera.  It's a daylight print though; I haven't tried to print a night photo with any of my camera's actually.

Can you accomplish what you're talking about with a m43 kit?  Probably, but some of it comes down to what you desire out of a camera.  The OM-D isn't a 36MP full frame camera.  Can it give you a camera you're happy with? Sure.  I'm a DX user and I go out with my tiny m43 system on days when I don't want to carry "the rig".

I can't comment on the Fuji or other suggestions put out there.  I like the OM-D as a suggestion, but I think it would make sense to rent one of these for a few weeks and see if it works with your hand troubles.  I think which lens is on there is also going to matter.  The 12-50 is a big large, but the 14-42 is smaller.  And obviously there are several small primes.  If it's going to give you the same issues as the D800 then there would be no gain from changing out.

Also, I don't know if you're in the US but Olympus is presently hosting a contest where the 1st and 2nd prizes include an OM-D: https://www.facebook.com/getolympus/app_117513998434993 I mean... if it's free then that's even better right?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow