Sick as a parrot. Need to downsize to Micro four thirds. Opinions appreciated

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jquagga
jquagga Contributing Member • Posts: 616
Re: Brent

rtf wrote:

Thanks Brent. Gives me a glimmer of hope. How far can you push the Olympus with regard to low light and print enlargement?. Would you get a decent 20 x16 print or is that asking too much?.

Thanks.

RTF

I have a Panasonic of a previous generation (it's not as good as an OM-D).  However, the largest print I have on my wall is a 16x20 taken with that camera.  It's a daylight print though; I haven't tried to print a night photo with any of my camera's actually.

Can you accomplish what you're talking about with a m43 kit?  Probably, but some of it comes down to what you desire out of a camera.  The OM-D isn't a 36MP full frame camera.  Can it give you a camera you're happy with? Sure.  I'm a DX user and I go out with my tiny m43 system on days when I don't want to carry "the rig".

I can't comment on the Fuji or other suggestions put out there.  I like the OM-D as a suggestion, but I think it would make sense to rent one of these for a few weeks and see if it works with your hand troubles.  I think which lens is on there is also going to matter.  The 12-50 is a big large, but the 14-42 is smaller.  And obviously there are several small primes.  If it's going to give you the same issues as the D800 then there would be no gain from changing out.

Also, I don't know if you're in the US but Olympus is presently hosting a contest where the 1st and 2nd prizes include an OM-D: https://www.facebook.com/getolympus/app_117513998434993 I mean... if it's free then that's even better right?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
rtf
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow