I think Thom was right, again...

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
brianric
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,182Gear list
Like?
Re: make good use of that high frame rate! ;)
In reply to Teila Day, Mar 31, 2013

Teila Day wrote:

That's GREAT! ... if for some reason that makes you feel awesome about yourself, but in my opinion  that whole "machine gunning" stereotype applied to digital cameras is just lame.

Here's why:

1.  Paying customers don't give a rats behind how you got the shot.  They couldn't care less whether you're a seasoned sport photographer of 32 years knowing nearly the exact moment to depress the shutter and photograph their little Tommy running with the football or if you're a weekend photographer who finds it easier to just press-and-hold the shutter button for a full second when the action presents, and selects the money shot from 10 sequential shots during post.  Generally, no one cares.  They're paying for the shot and how you get it is of no concern.

Bingo. I shoot grammar and high school sports and parents will always say what great pictures I take. I never tell them they are only seeing maybe 5 to 10 percent of what I shoot, the rest I toss.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Duh!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow