X100s owners, what do you really think??

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sutto
Regular MemberPosts: 328
Like?
X100s owners, what do you really think??
Mar 31, 2013

Have spent a couple of solid days doing street photography with my new X100.  Unfortunately, in Perth now we are having beautiful mild days, lovely blue skies and sunshine.  Not that great for the kind of photography I do, lots of harsh shadows, huge contrast etc.  Other than twice when the camera has totally locked up, with everything on the LCD screen orange and pink streaks and all pixilated (would not even turn off, had to remove the battery), the camera has performed really well.

I love the extra speed, the really bright screen for outdoors, the fast buffer to download at 6fps etc. However - and here is where I would like some opinions - I am not sure I prefer the look to what I get out of my old X100.  The RAW images from there had a really mystical, dreamy kind of 3d look to them.  The files from the s have more depth to them, are very clean and probably more definition.  They can almost stand side by side with the images from my D700.

However, having said all of that, I really can't say I prefer the look.   Will be hanging onto the X100 to do some more testing, then make a decision.  If I really prefer the look of the x100, then I will sell the s.

Thoughts?

Sutto

philipsuttonphotography.com

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow