First Week w/ 6D....from 5D Mk II

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
PeterY
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
Re: First Week w/ 6D....from 5D Mk II
In reply to riknash, Mar 31, 2013

There are some who are challenging your claim that the improvements you are observing from the 6D over the 5DII are not due to dynamic range. You have speculated that there must be something different between the RAW image and the JPEG that DxO used to determine dynamic range.  Assuming your shooting techniques haven't changed,  and that the improvements you observe are not due to DR improvements, what indeed has changed between the 5DII and 6D? Is it simply metering differences between the two? If that was the case, apparently you needed to have operated the 5DII differently to have seen the very same  improvements. Somehow I doubt that. Do you notice the improvement even without flash? Perhaps there is a difference with how the 6D communicates with the flash units?

My shooting style has not changed at all. There most certainly is a difference in IQ in favor of the 6D. Call it DR or metering but I am having to post process less on the 6D images. The final product will be the same for both cameras but 6D shots took less time and effort getting there.

I am seeing the difference even without the flash.

PeterY's gear list:PeterY's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow