How much is expensive lens for you??

Started Mar 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
CharlesTokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 704Gear list
Like?
Re: How much is expensive lens for you??
In reply to Joseph Prawiro, Mar 31, 2013

Joseph Prawiro wrote:

1.How much in an expensive lens??

My most expensive lens to date was the Olympus 7-14mm for four thirds and I had a couple others up around 100,000yen. I'd could go a bit higher, up to 200,000 now. With the way my photography is moving, I don't shoot telephotos or zooms much, so I don't see myself actually buying something in this price range though.

2. What the next new lens for m43 you really want at the right price??

I'd like a smaller 25mm lens and one that doesn't make as much noise on the E-M5. (Last time I tried one it was still noisy, maybe it wasn't on the newest firmware?). I'd also like it to have a close focusing distance or macro. A 25mm f2 or f2.8 macro.

The other would be a compact wide prime. 10mm f2.8 or so with sharp corners.

I've moved to the Oly 17mm f1.8 most of the time now, but a replacement for the Panasonic 20mm would be most welcome.

I'm not going to set a price. Let the manufacturers charge what they need to, and I'll make a purchasing decision on that. I don't really think m43s lenses are expensive, but I don't really think we can consumers understand what makes a lens expensive. I'm not really comfortable saying a lens is too expensive on an absolute basis. (Maybe too expensive for me)

CharlesTokyo's gear list:CharlesTokyo's gear list
Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$500New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow