Photoshop upgrade no longer possible

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
kb2zuz
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,196Gear list
Like?
To be clear, you can upgrade.
In reply to Larrycf, Mar 31, 2013

You can upgrade, however upgrade pricing is only available through Adobe.com, you can't buy it through B&H. And as of the this year you can only upgrade from the previous version (CS5 or CS5.5) You cannot upgrade from CS3 or CS4 to CS6 (though they made an exception when CS6 first came out for the first 6 months you could upgrade from CS3 or CS4).

I don't like this policy personally because I was tend to go towards the every-other-version updates, and sometimes a little longer. So 4->5.5->7->CS3->CS5. I do not find the minor improvements to be worth the upgrade price every 18 months, however I have felt the amount of improvements you get in 2 versions justifies the upgrade price every 3 years for me.

It might end up being cost effective for some people to register in a class that qualifies them for the educational discount.

There is a lot of push-back on the Creative Cloud. We will see what happens.

-- hide signature --

\~K

kb2zuz's gear list:kb2zuz's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800 Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GimpNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow