Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Alexseychuk
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Re: Has the X20 met or failed your expectations?
In reply to bgeoghegan, Mar 31, 2013

Several months ago I bought a Canon G15 and feel overall it is a very good camera with great picture quality. Its intended purpose was to be a walk around so I did not have to lug the 5D MKIII with me.

I quickly realized how lacking the Canon's point and shoots are if you want balance flash with ambient light.  The Canon P&S's flash system does not analyze the scene as it relates to subject distance, brightness, etc. There are obviously controls to lower output but nothing nearly as sophisticated as the Fuji's flash system.

Fuji also got the auto ISO and flash system to work great in conjunction with each other. This gives me incredible versatility without having to worry about changing scene conditions when shooting in M mode. The G15 wont even give you Auto ISO in M mode.

For indoor shots using flash as fill the Fuji X20 is incredibly good. So good I now have to figure out my plans for my G15. To me the X20 is proving to be a winner!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow