Who's going from m4/3 to dSLR or vice versa.

Started Mar 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
bimmerman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,374
Like?
Sold D7000 bought OMD then D5200...
In reply to Steve, Mar 31, 2013

Steve wrote:

I'm not sure if i did this right , or its been done before, but there is so much talk about people dumping their big dSLR's  for OMD's and vice versa...

i thought this may be fun...

dSLR to small mirrorless or Vice Versa

maybe the options should say 'considerinig' tho... lets assume that your choice is that you are for sure going to change from one format to the other, or you HAVE changed from one to the other.

Yup I sold my Nikon D7000 and invested heavily on a OMD with Olympus and Panasonic primes plus a few zooms as well and I simply love it! While the D7000 had an edge in high ISO performance, the OMD just kills the D7000 in AF accuracy. Every shot from the OMD is perfectly focused (unless I goofed) and the JPG files from the OMD just seem to pop compared to the Nikon. Then there is the weight (or lack of) compared to the D7000 and it all adds up to a better day long shooting experience.

But I did keep some Nikon lenses such as the 70-200/2.8VR and a Sigma 8-16 because these are amazing lenses. Recently I bought a Nikon D5200 for stuff that the OMD can't do well such as focus tracking and to me the D5200 and 70-200/2.8VR is my choice for moving stuff such as track day races. It definitely makes more sense than getting a Panasonic 35-100/2.8 to use with my OMD. The Nikon lens has better reach and better AF tracking.

Do I use my OMD or D5200 more? The OMD of course! It's the best system camera I've ever owned. But there are things it still can't do and for that I have my DSLR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
pollNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow