Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ArunasM
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikkor 28-80mm "cheap lens" 3.3-5.6 G w/ Nikkon D800
In reply to sd40, Mar 30, 2013

sd40 wrote:

ArunasM wrote:

Great photos, and very nice contrast and color!  What processing flow did you use.

I used this lens a lot on my d700.

-- hide signature --

- Arunas
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - Henri Cartier Bresson

I have owned this lens twice, and sold it twice.  I tried it with the D600.  It was decent but unremarkable compared to the used 28-105 that I also own.  Fast autofocusing, if that's important to you.  Can't beat the light weight--almost made the D600 feel like my old D40.

I have owned 2 copies as well, almost identical IQ wise.  On the D800 it is certainly not as sharp as primes or the f4 or f2.8 zooms, and CA and edges arworse as well, but it really is a nice light lens, I agree - a lot like a D40 again!

-- hide signature --

- Arunas
Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. - Henri Cartier Bresson

ArunasM's gear list:ArunasM's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D800 +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow